Our attorneys have commercial and residential real estate experience, representing a range of clients.
Our commercial real estate experience includes the acquisition and sale of office buildings, apartment buildings, retail properties and shopping centers, warehouse and industrial properties; commercial real estate financing and refinancing; the acquisition and sale of companies with real estate holdings, including restaurants and retailers; commercial real estate leasing involving office, medical, retail and industrial space; landlord-tenant relations, zoning matters, and developer bankruptcy claims.
In addition, our construction law experience that includes drafting and negotiating construction contracts for owners, tenants and contractors for new construction and renovations for both commercial and residential properties; construction dispute resolution; placement and release of mechanic’s liens; zoning issues resulting from new construction or renovations; and obtaining building permits and certificates of occupancy.
Further, our attorneys have residential real estate experience, which includes the purchase and sale of single-family homes, condominiums and co-ops; closing residential financing arising from the purchase of residential property and mortgage and co-op refinancing.
Our experience representing clients in a variety of real estate litigation matters including contract disputes, foreclosures (representing lenders and mortgagors), commercial and residential evictions, title disputes and construction disputes. We are also record counsel to homeowners and condominium associations.
- Regularly represents borrowers and lenders in commercial and real estate lending transactions.
- Represented mortgage lenders to successfully take title to real property through foreclosure.
- Represented international charitable organization in commercial foreclosure of more than 300-acre property in Central Florida.
- Represented a title distribution company in the statewide collection of unpaid accounts and filing of lawsuits to foreclose construction liens
- Represented the owner of a commercial property to evict tenant and obtain judgment for damages in excess of $300,000. Represented homeowners and condominium associations in Florida in lien foreclosures, including representation through the foreclosure sale.
- Represented the owners of commercial properties in construction disputes with contractors and subcontractors.
- Represented the minority shareholder of a construction management company in connection with claims against billionaire real estate mogul in Stamford Superior Court and in two related bankruptcies filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.