The attorneys at Pastore have extensive experience in representing multi-national software and technology companies at the local and federal level.
This experience includes a multitude of actions, including claims of misappropriation of technical and proprietary information, actions predicated upon trade libel and unfair trade practices, as well as common carrier telecommunications disputes.
We regularly represent software companies in protecting their code and programs, negotiating, development agreements, and in disputes over licensing fees and ownership. We recently favorably settled a large Federal Court action in the Southern District of New York involving the ownership of source code brought by our developer client against a Fortune 500 company. Our attorneys have written articles on these issues that have appeared on the front page of the New York Law Journal. In addition, having litigated some of the largest disputes in Federal Court in New England for the last several years, our attorneys have regularly represented CLECs in disputes with ILECs in connection with carrier charges and interconnections.
We have also represented many technology start-ups in connection with friends and family and seed funding, as well as venture capital funding.
- Represented the inventor of a computer credit card system in patent litigation before the Federal Circuit.
- Represented a multinational computer software and voice recording technology company in connection with claims of misappropriation of technical and proprietary information and proprietary marketing strategies in United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Specific attention given to forensic computer analysis and defendant’s internet communications. Case settled favorably for our clients.
- Represented an Australian-based propeller pitch software developer in defense of action predicated upon trade libel and unfair trade practices brought by leading competitor in the United States District Court for the District of Connecticut. Prosecute claims against competitor for patent infringement and unfair trade practices. Conduct Markman and Summary Judgment hearings.
- Successfully defended a large international publishing company in arbitration proceeding brought by vendor claiming wrongful termination of data outsourcing contract and unfair trade practices. Lead counsel.
- Successfully represented the leading national developer of P.O.S. software in connection with claims for non-payment under software license agreement.
- Successfully defended claims of breach of contract brought by a customer of the leading national developer of P.O.S. software. Successfully prosecuted counterclaims.
- Represented the leading national P.O.S. software developer in connection with claims of misappropriation of trade secrets in Federal Court in Connecticut. Action stayed in favor of arbitration.
- Represented the leading national P.O.S. software developer in defense of claims of breach of contract. Prosecuted counterclaims for breach of contract.
- Successfully represented a large Connecticut bank in connection to major items processing systems failure by large national banking software vendor. Matter involved massive technical software and hardware failures for bank’s outsourced check processing functions.
- Successfully represented a software developer in breach of contract claim against a Fortune 500 technology company.
- Represented a developer of analytical software used to evaluate large debentures.
- Represented an online retail bank in transactional matters.
- Represented a medical start up using computer software to assist in cessation of smoking.
- Represented a cryptocurrency mining firm in litigation and transactional matters.